Happy 51st Independence Anniversary Nigeria

Hi My name is Nigeria and I'm the celebrant today, can you tell how happy I am?

Today is Nigeria's 51st independence anniversary... Despite the bad press and negativity Nigeria gets, today I'm choosing to celebrate the good things about Nigeria... I thought it'll be nice to share some fun facts about Nigeria/Nigerians:

*The name Nigeria was gotten from the "Niger River" which runs through the country.
*Our National flag colors (green & white) stand for our country's agriculture (Green), and Peace & Unity (White)
*Nigeria has vast oil and gas reserves and is ranked amongst the top 10 suppliers of crude oil in the world...so you know, some of you depend on Nigeria for energy ;o)
*The Nigerian accent was recently ranked by CNN as the 5th sexiest accent in the world.
*Various polls have dubbed Nigerians the happiest people in the world, see one of the reasons why here
*Nigeria boasts of world famous achievers like Musical Legend- Fela Kuti, Renowned Novelists- Chinua Achebe & Noble Laureate Prize winner Wole Soyinka, Musicians- Tuface, D'banj, Sade Adu, Seal, Wale, Actors- Chiwetalu Ejiofor, Genevieve Nnaji, Sportsmen- Kanu Nwakwo (footballer) Hakeem Olajuwon (Basketballer), Fashion Designers- Duro Olowu, Deola Sagoe, Lanre Dasilva Ajayi, Jewel by Lisa, bloggers S&S and many many others.
*the term "419" was gotten from Section 419 of the Nigerian criminal code which deals with fraud.
*The Nigerian movie industry Nollywood is the 3rd largest in the world.
*Nigerians are beautiful people, helloooo case in point :o)

There are so many other things, please guys add whatever fun facts you know in the comments section, lets celebrate Nigeria.
 Wishing my fellow Nigerians a very happy Independence day, I know y'all in Nigeria will have Monday off so those of us here in the diaspora are mad jealous of you... May God bless and heal our Nation.

xoxo

P.S- Don't ask about my shoes, lets just say things did not go as planned, lol

11 comments:

  1. Please what happened to your shoes?..lol...still looking good though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys flag colours. happy anniversary.
    xoxo

    laseulewilfried.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look fantastic!

    I love your bow tie and your blouse! they are reem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shally lally, the pics remind me of Daddy GO and his white shirts and bow tie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long ago did you do the big chop? I love your hair!!!

    Love your outfit too! Happy Independence to you o!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look... the yop is too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love itttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice comments guys...@Ekene its been exactly a year since i big chopped

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I looooove the outfit! That blouse with the bow is ADORABLE!

    thatgabriellemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm how I love a primary pant!

    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wao! this blog is so cool! I mean it

    Nigeria is the largest country in Africa with vast resources in all aspects. Nigeria is my country and i wouldn't give that up for anything in the world even though the rot in our government seem irreparable, I am still hopeful that one day we would fix this country for real.

    I love the country Nigeria and I am gonna stick with it till it turns to something interesting and fascinating. In Nigeria, we consider our selves to be on our own road to emancipation

    ReplyDelete