Aso-Oke Frill Hem Skirt

 Custom made aso-oke skirt, H&M Onesie, Vintage Bag and La Spaga Sandals

I was going for the metallic shimmery look with this outfit but didn't want to be overly dressy so I threw in this h&m onesie/t-shirt... I love styling simple t-shirts.... From rocking them with jeans to skirts, you definitely get a lot of use for them... This is actually an old skirt I made a while ago from an old aso-oke fabric I obtained from my mum's trunk of clothes and I think it is so pretty, I love how its pink and then green sometimes.

Style Tip - Don't sleep on your mum or granny's old/vintage aso-oke (and other) fabrics, they are really great for making statement pieces like this skirt.

Have a great weekend guys.

xoxo
Shally

7 comments:

  1. You look beyond amazing, this has to be one of my fav looks ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is everything, great job. I love how you dressed it down.

    http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your skirt is so pretty. LOL at dont sleep on the fabrics (guilty!) if only i had a reliable and good tailor who wont charge two arms and a leg :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty skirt!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very very nice :)

    I need to find my mum's trunk box ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great tip! I never thought of that. My mom has many pieces she doesn't wear anymore and I could definitely reuse the fabric!

    Thanks!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Idea! Now I want a pair of Aso-oke shorts badly!

    Myveryownpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete