DIY - Turn your Poncho into a Blouse

Do you have a poncho, a long scarf,  pashmina or a wrap? In a few steps you can turn it into a blouse.

I've had this poncho for a while now and it has gotten too cold to wear it as a cover so I started thinking of what I could do with it. Check out the styles I came up with.

Style 1- Asymmetric Blouse

What you need:
Needle
Thread
Measuring tape

To achieve this style I folded the poncho into a triangle. I measured my shoulder width, then tacked the right side of the folded poncho together (not the base of the folded poncho, think of how a triangle is shaped) with my needle and thread using my shoulder measurement (basically, use your shoulder measurement as a guide to know where to tack the poncho. Start from the top of the angle down to the slant of the fold. Where your measurement stops is where you tack). This is where your head will come out of.

I also tacked about 15cm after the initially tacked spot to create a hole for my right arm to go through.



Style 2 - Wrap Blouse

This style is very easy to do and didn't require any sewing. All you have to do to achieve this style is wear your poncho/scarf/pashmina over your shoulders like you'll normally do. Then cross one side over the other and take both ends to your back and tie it. It's that simple.

What do you guys think? Would you try this?

Houndstooth Poncho - New Look
Trousers - H&M
Skirt - Miss Selfridge
Shoes- Zara

Have a blessed week guys.

Love,
Segi

6 comments:

  1. i love both look, but i prefer the pant. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these ideas, especially the second one. thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! You can also make it into a long vest. I have a similar DIY here DIY Kimono/Cape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. First explanation not clear ar all though. Lovely all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi anonymous, I've tried to explain better. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second look, looks so good.

    ReplyDelete